WordPress is said to be the best platform for blogging both in terms of usability and search engine optimization. Those who are new to blogging, SEO or search engine optimization is primary way to make your blog or website visible in the search engine result page (SERP). This, in turn, helps you to get more number of organic traffic to your WordPress blog. There are some plugins that will help you to make the blog rank better on Google, Bing or Yahoo even without the help of an SEO firm.
In this article we will discuss the top 10 SEO plugins for WordPress blogs, which will help you to effectively increase your visibility on the search engine result pages. And if you are not taking a help of an SEO firm, make sure you register for Google webmaster tools account and a Google analytic. These products from the search giant play a significant role in your SEO efforts. In addition, register for Bing webmaster tools if you want to optimize your WordPress blog for Bing and Yahoo.
The following are the top 10 SEO plugins you should use on your for WordPress blog:
1. All in one SEO Pack: One of the best SEO plugins, All in one SEO Pack automatically optimizes your blog/ website content. Besides, this plugin comes with various unique features such as Custom Post type, Google analytics support, Meta tag generation, and Optimizing the titles etc. All you need to do is configure it properly.
2. Google XML Sitemaps: It is essential to have a XML sitemap of your website/ blog content and Google XML Sitemaps generate one. You can use the sitemap to index your WordPress blogging search engines.
3. Keyword statistics: It helps to generate suitable keyword for your blog post automatically while writing. Keyword statistics also provides the keyword density in search engines.
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast: This is one of the most popular SEO plugins for WordPress bloggers. WordPress SEO by Yoast offers a host of features that help bloggers to write better content in terms of SEO. It allows bloggers to edit robots.txt files and .htaccess. In addition, it offers various other attractive features such as Social Integeration, RSS optimization, XML sitemaps generations and more. With the help of WordPress SEO by Yoast, you can insert the tracking code of Alexa, Google webmaster tool and Bing webmaster tool.
5. SEO friendly images: Images are important and it is essential to optimize your images. But if you are not taking services of an SEO firm tor a web design company to take care of such technicalities, it might get difficult for you. SEO friendly images is a great SEO plugin for WordPress. It helps to add “title”and “alt”tag to your images, improving your blog traffic.
6. 404 SEO Plugin: 404 error pages are also important in SEO perspective. The 404 SEO Plugin allows you to customize the 404 error page, where you can suggest related content to your readers on your blog.
7. WordPress meta robots: It helps in indexing the blog content using meta robots tags. WordPress meta robots gives you full control of the meta robots tags for each of your post and page.
8. SEO Smart Links: This links your keywords with available categories, tags, post and pages on your WordPress blog.
9. SEO slugs: With this SEO plugin you can remove words like ‘the’, ‘a’ etc from automatically generated slugs, making your SEO better.
10. WP Robots Txt: SEO firms often this plugin to edit the robots.txt file.
Author: Ronald Taylor own a website design Company in San Francisco and in his free time, Ronald loves to play guitar. Besides, Ronald is passionate about writing blogs related to SEO industry and web market.